Fear
I sat upon the beach one night
And slowly, closed my eyes
To feel that ardent, silver light
Beneath the starry skies.
And though the air was crisp and clear
It whispered this to me:
"My little child, there be no fear,
So let it part from thee."
"What doth this mean?" I said, confused
That fear does not exist.
That whisper left her breath, infused
Upon the ocean mist.
And looking at the moonlit sea,
The mist had disappeared
And all that left a track was me,
The little child who feared.
I know that whisper in the breeze,
That silent prose above,
Which always kept reminding me
To live my life in love.
And though my sorrow takes each tear
To fill this moonlit sea,
I know in truth, there is no fear,
And that shall set me free.
25/11/2005



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home