1/13/2006

Meditatio (Meditation)


I searched along the midnight stream,
Along the bank of starlit night
And looked for him, as if a dream
That took unto his sweet delight.
For passion did my body yearn;
His ardour flashed in raging fire,
And still, my heart within would burn
Along his breath of cool desire.

My eyes, they gazed upon his form,
So gentle in his love divine.
His beauty was so pure, of morn',
And yet his love was unto mine.
At last! I took to his embrace;
His breath remained a single kiss
And left an imprint of his grace
To seal this simple sense of bliss.

I looked upon his handsome face
With hands that dripped of myrrh in mine,
As we remained within this space,
This holy place of moonlit vine.
I rested in his open breast
Until the rising of the sun,
Where we would keep eternal rest
And never cease united, one.

How can I keep myself from him?
Ignore his love, his fond caress,
That lifted me from shadows dim
Into this light of sacredness?
O leave me, Evil, seek thy own,
For this is in accord above:
May I remain in his alone,
Forever in his lasting love.

09/01/2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home